For this Child we have prayed

For this Child we have prayed

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Even If The Healing Doesn’t Come

“Even if the Healing Doesn’t Come” by Kutless

I know that God is the healer and could cure me of PCOS at any moment if it was part of His plan.  I truly do believe that.  I know that we serve a God who can do anything, but that everything He does is part of His perfect plan. 

Sometimes I listen to this song and think, you know, God is God and I will praise Him even if the healing doesn’t come.  But, if I am to be honest, I would have to admit that probably half of the time when I really dwell on this, I don’t know that I would be able to accept it if it was not in God’s plan to make me a mom. 

Will keeps challenging me to wrestle with this.  I say that I know that God has given both of us talents that we would use as parents and I strongly believe that God does not give us talents to be wasted.  Through this logic, I convince myself that it is definitely part of God’s plan to call us to be parents.  Until Will comes back with the very valid point that yes, while being a mom is a great way to use those talents, I am also using many of those same talents in teaching and other ways so, no, I’m not wasting them by not being a mom. 

I know that I often make this desire to have children an idol in my life.  When I ask myself, Is God enough for me?, I am sometimes able to say, Yes, God is enough and I will praise Him no matter what.  I can be joyful just praising my King in whatever circumstances He places me in.  But sometimes, there are days when I think, No, God is not enough.  I want, no, I need, to be a mom.  I want to raise our children to know and love this awesome God I serve.

I know that God still has so much to teach me and I feel honored that He has given me the opportunity to write this blog and open up about the many blessings He has given me.  He is able to get glory from me even though I am far from perfect.  As much as I wish I wasn’t on this journey, God is teaching me how much I need to rely on Him instead of on my own strength. 


As Kutless so aptly says it, Father, you know that my Dreams are still undone.  You are God, you are good, forever faithful one.  Even if the healing doesn’t come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment